June 3, 2015
泛亚电竞观看直播官网(泛亚电竞今日v7.6 安卓版) Fed President James Bullard welcomes attendees to the 2015 Homer Jones Memorial Lecture and introduces noted economist and monetary policymaker Athanasios Orphanides, who discussed "Fear of Liftoff: Uncertainty, Rules and Discretion in Monetary Policy Normalization."
Orphanides is currently a professor of the Practice of Global Economics and Management at the MIT Sloan School of Management, a research fellow with the London-based Centre for Economic Policy Research and a member of the Shadow Open Market Committee. He served a five-year term as governor of the Central Bank of Cyprus and was a member of the Governing Council of the European Central Bank from 2007-2012. Previously, he served as senior adviser with the Federal Reserve Board of Governors, where he started his professional career as an economist.
- James Bullard, Introduction and Welcoming Remarks (8:31)
- Athanasios Orphanides, Lecture (50:44)
- Audience Q&A (20:47)
Full text of President Bullard's remarks.
The Homer Jones Memorial Lecture Series honors those who exemplify the highest qualities of leadership in economics and public policy. As research director, and later as senior vice president at the 泛亚电竞观看直播官网(泛亚电竞今日v7.6 安卓版) Fed, Homer Jones (1906-1986) played a major role in developing the Bank as a leader in monetary research and statistics.
For more information about the Homer Jones Memorial Lecture Series, please visit research.stlouisfed.org/conferences/homer/ .
The Homer Jones Memorial Lecture Series is supported by the following institutions and organizations:
- Federal Reserve Bank of 泛亚电竞观看直播官网(泛亚电竞今日v7.6 安卓版)
- 泛亚电竞观看直播官网(泛亚电竞今日v7.6 安卓版) Gateway Chapter of the National Association for Business Economics
- Saint Louis University
- Southern Illinois University–Edwardsville
- University of Missouri–泛亚电竞观看直播官网(泛亚电竞今日v7.6 安卓版)
- Washington University in 泛亚电竞观看直播官网(泛亚电竞今日v7.6 安卓版)
Watch Past Homer Jones Memorial Lectures
- John Cochrane, 2020
- Carmen Reinhart, 2019
- Kristin Forbes, 2018
- Lawrence H. Summers, 2016
- Athanasios Orphanides, 2015
- Robert E. Lucas Jr., 2014
- R. Glenn Hubbard, 2013
- Mohamed El-Erian, 2012
- Axel Weber, 2011